Thursday, June 28, 2012

feNa summer playlist


The joy of music.
First it was the mixed tape - oh how I loved to make a mixed tape.
Then came the mixed CD. 
Yes, there are iPods and ways to listen to
1000's of songs in one device, but there's still something to be said
about thoughtfully creating an hour of music
that you want to put on repeat in the car for months.

Currently, I have 6 rotating CD's in my car - all my own
mixes.  Winter mixes, birthday mixes, driving mixes. 
It's all I listen to.

I only make them 3-4 times a year because that's how long it takes
to gather up enough new songs to create a masterpiece.
Yes, a masterpiece.
Not only do I gather the perfect selection of songs, I take the time
to play them front to back to make sure one song leads
into the next gracefully.  One artist can't be played twice in a row.
Mix up the girls and the guys, the slower and the faster,
and always add something older in the mix.
A masterpiece.

Last night I finished a new one.
Normally, I only share this with a few key people that love them as
much as I do - but today I share with you.
(I should warn you, this girl likes a beat).

Introducing
feNa Summer Mix 2012:
(links to songs included)

1. Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye  2. Whistle - Flo Rida  3. Dance Again - JLo
4. Turn Me On - David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj  5. Too Close - Alex Clare 
6. We Found Love - Rihanna  7. Back In Time - Pitbull  8. Wild Ones - Flo Rida feat. Sia 
9. I Know You Want Me - Pitbull  10. Titanium - David Guetta feat. Sia  11. I Like It - Enrique Iglesias 
12. We Are Young - Fun. feat. Janelle Monae  13. Where Have You Been - Rihanna 
14. In The Ayer - Flo Rida feat. will.i.am  15.  Goin' In - JLo 
16.  The Anthem - Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz  17.  Take Care - Drake
18.  Dynamite - Taoi Cruz

Happy listening....

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment